We live in a digital world, where technology is constantly evolving. This means that companies are constantly having to keep up with the changing demands of the perfect user experience. As a business owner, you should be keeping an eye on the changes in trends in the digital world so that you can adjust as you need for your website.
The only reason you shouldn’t have a company website, is if you aren’t interested in growing your brand.
These days, growing a company depends on the website you run. It has to be optimised for tablets, smartphones and regular laptops and computers. It doesn’t cost much to build a website, especially as the market is saturated with designers just ready and willing to come on board and showcase what they can do.
If you are trying to do your website yourself, you can go online to have a look through Adobe learning resources and teach yourself how to do it. Website design and building services are so easily accessible that there really is no excuse in the book for not having an easily available website. If you still aren’t sure how a fully operational website will help your small business, then check out our reasons below:
- Customer Expectations. Your customers want to be able to find you without a good online presence. Of course, if you have run an independent physical shop for years, having a company website will be a change for you. But we live in a world of instant gratification and people want to be able to find companies online at 3am if necessary!
- Reviews Matter. Being active as a company on social media is important for any company who want to stay current in today’s market. 90% of customers agree that their decisions are influenced by online reviews, which is why websites like TripAdvisor are so popular with holidaymakers. You yourself could offer a review system on your website, so that customers can be directed there after they have used your products. This way, new customers can read real experiences and it also helps you to change as a company when you need to.
- Have Your Say. Your online presence allows you to control how people see you. While you cannot control what people have to say about you across social media channels or review websites, you can create your own brand image and put out to the world exactly what it is you do. Getting your company personality into the spotlight is crucial for your business to grow and continue.
- Competition Is Rife. Your competitors will have their own company websites that are optimised for different user platforms. If you don’t have readily available websites and social media, you can potentially end up losing customers to the competition – something you absolutely want to avoid!
- Show Off! Your website is a place for you to show off to the world what you can do, what changes you will be making and how and why you plan to diversify your business. Make it pop where you can and your showing off will be profitable.
Maria Fonseca is the Editor and Infographic Artist for IntelligentHQ. She is also a thought leader writing about social innovation, sharing economy, social business, and the commons. Aside her work for IntelligentHQ, Maria Fonseca is a visual artist and filmmaker that has exhibited widely in international events such as Manifesta 5, Sao Paulo Biennial, Photo Espana, Moderna Museet in Stockholm, Joshibi University and many others. She concluded her PhD on essayistic filmmaking , taken at University of Westminster in London and is preparing her post doc that will explore the links between creativity and the sharing economy.